Rise of the Tomb Raider now has an official release date for the PlayStation 4. Perfect timing, what with rumors of the PS4 version getting cancelled making the rounds on the internet. The game is scheduled to release on October 11, 2016 on the PS4. And the PlayStation nation will be getting more than just the base game.
In an article posted on the official PlayStation blog, Scot Amos, the Co-head of Crystal Dynamics, revealed all the new features that’ll come with the PlayStation version of the game. Basically, this what they’ll be getting:
- Blood Ties: Explore Croft Manor and unlock its mysteries in a new story mode, will support VR.
- Lara’s Nightmare: Defend the Croft Manor against an undead invasion.
- Online co-op expansion to Endurance mode.
- Special outfits and character models including the original poly Lara model.
- Extreme Survivor, a new brutal difficulty mode.
- All previously released DLC (Baba Yaga, The Cold Darkness Awakened etc).
Crystal Dynamics look like they’re trying their very best to compensate the PlayStation nation for all their wait. More details are to follow soon. Check out Scot Amos’s full article here.
Are you excited for the Rise of the Tomb Raider? Let us know in the comments below!