• Welcome to BadController Forum
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Sony expects 2.1 bln USD loss in FY 2014 as smartphone
Sony announced Wednesday it expects to log an annual group net loss of 230 billion yen (2.1 billion U.S. dollars) for the current business year through next March, compared with an earlier forecast for a far narrower 50 billion yen loss

It's the first time Sony hasn't paid a dividend since the firm first listed in 1958, Sales of smart phones are not ideal fiscal year 2014, Sony is facing huge losses mainly due to the company in a statement released the same day, said mobile communications fiscal year 2014, or the loss of about 180 billion yen in January when Sony had to .7 Smartphone sales this fiscal year is expected from the previous 50 million units to 43 million units cut.

[Image: sony-xperia-z2-hands-on-android-display-4k.JPG]

The company blamed the "competitive environment of the mobile business." Sony has been hammered by competition and an inability to find distributors in key markets such as the US. While its line of high-end Xperia smartphones have been praised for their design and waterproof bodies, they continue to fall under the shadow of giants Apple and Samsung. Sony's problems underscore the hyper-competitive environment that smartphone makers face with similar struggles facing HTC and others.

May be, It's time to let it go and focus on Console and Sony Pictures.

(18-09-2014, 12:54 AM)MrGadgetGuy Wrote: The company blamed the "competitive environment of the mobile business."

The problem is not the competition. The problem is the quality of the phones.

Sony phone quality has dropped down to huge levels compared to consoles. If they want to boost their mobile phone sales then they have to increase the quality of their products.
[Image: mMfcRWN.gif]

I'm just server admin & I have nothing do with other admin stuffs.

I have tried Z3 and it looks very good, I am kind of agree with that statement. It's not anymore 90s where Sony was the king of electronics, now there are alternatives in cheaper price.

People don't want Mp3 player, camcorder etc if they have a smartphone. I am just afraid that Sony will end up selling console division to Amazon or Apple.

It's tough Sony Vs Samsung vs Apple Vs HTC Vs LG also they are launching phones too early

They need to address this ASAP.

I think sony only has TV and the PlayStation with the potential of generating profits.. Their TVs still are the best. They need to focus on these two aspects

(18-09-2014, 01:21 PM)rainmaker Wrote: I think sony only has TV and the PlayStation with the potential of generating profits.. Their TVs still are the best. They need to focus on these two aspects

Yeah but people still prefer Samsung/LG over Sony's tv. I'd say Console and Sony Pictures Entertainment are the potential. They have already quit PC business and I don't want to say it but things are not looking good.

It won't happen soon but 5-7 years, I hope sony will come back with positive figures.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSN 2.0 #BetterPSN campaign - Support the campaign and let Sony hear our voices! Joker 0 1,627 10-07-2015, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Joker
  The Last Guardian trademark abandoned by Sony Joker 1 2,370 17-02-2015, 11:46 AM
  Next-Gen OpenGL To Be Shown Off at GDC 2014 Joker 0 1,435 04-02-2015, 03:48 PM
  Indian game releases: October 2014 M_RajaRathnam 2 2,685 01-10-2014, 01:18 PM
  TGS 2014 - Official Thread Joker 5 4,645 21-09-2014, 10:04 AM